I was tagged by Nick Black a little while back as part of the 5 things you don't know about me meme that's been making its way around the internet. I've been putting it off, but here goes with five things that you may not already know about me:
- Let's start with a geographic one. The furthest east I've travelled is Cyprus (33.7 degrees longitude), furthest north is Anchorage (61.1 degrees latitude) and furthest west and south is Hawaii (21.3,-157.8).
- I have always instinctively resorted to using the Never Eat Shredded Wheat mnemonic whenever working out which way is east and which way is west.
- I have a condition that causes me to sneeze whenever I expose my eyes to the sun. (You may have read about sun sneezing already). It's generally two sneezes, and happens just moments after leaving a building. It's almost guaranteed that it'll happen, even if it's cloudy and there's only a slight hint of sunshine behind the greyness.
- I am perhaps the worst footballer ever, and always tried my hardest to avoid it (or anything similar) at school.
- On my way into work each day I pass the remains of a section from the Berlin Wall and also two tanks with their barrels pointing across the road.